If you’re considering hiring a security guard, you’ll first want to know what kind of guarding solutions are right for your situation. You may pay as little as $20 per hour for an entry-level security guard, or you may pay more than $100 per hour for a highly trained and credentialed security professional. The average cost of hiring a security company in the United States varies sharply depending on the region and the guard’s level of expertise. Expect to pay more for armed guards, off-duty police officers, ex-military professionals or officers with specialized training.
Hiring a Security Service
Don’t look for the cheapest price; look for a service that will talk to you and determine what your needs are. Every organization or business has distinctly different needs. Do you primarily need someone to control access to a building or do you need an entire force to patrol a large area? How sensitive are the areas for which you need extra protection? Consider the following:
- Need for a Security Company: You should hire a security company if your business, organization or home is at risk and you wish to provide enhanced protection for your people, property and cyber data.
- Type of Security Guard: Not all security guards perform the same duties. Some will check credentials of visitors while others will be highly trained armed guards ready to detain suspects or perform as bodyguards. You will want to hire the guard with the skills that match your needs.
- All-Inclusive Security: Don’t expect to find a one-size-fits-all pricing approach. A good security company will talk to you about what security concerns and needs you have and will tailor a security plan that takes into consideration the area to be guarded, the areas of access to be controlled, whether you have a large area that requires patrols and more.
- Additional Benefits: Your hired security guards will understand your exact security concerns and can concentrate their efforts on keeping you, your people, your property and your data safe. By having guards on-site, you can discourage trouble or respond quickly if it occurs. You cannot expect the police to provide a high level of security or to understand your individual security priorities.
Partner With a Top Security Guard Company
AGB Innovative Security Solutions has a proven track record of providing customized security. We will first design a strategy to accomplish your security objectives. We identify, isolate and define the risks in your particular situation. Then we design, construct and implement solutions. We can suggest cost-effective options, such as remote monitoring. This option allows one security officer to monitor multiple cameras at the same time. It’s an appropriate solution for low-activity areas, and it provides video evidence when incidents occur. AGB can work with your existing cameras, update your system, or install new cameras if needed.
Factors That Affect the Cost of Hiring a Security Service
Here are some questions for you to ask yourself when considering what type of security you need: Are armed or unarmed officers appropriate? Do you have a large area that requires continuous vehicle patrols? How many security officers will you need at all times? What security systems and cameras do you currently have, and do you need to add to or upgrade your system? Is the nature of your business, organization or home such that you attract an unusually high level of attention? What security infrastructure (fencing, security systems, etc.) are now in place?
A comprehensive security business like AGB Innovative Security Systems will offer many options so you can arrange the level of security solutions appropriate to your needs. Bodyguards, armed and unarmed officers, guards trained in martial arts, manned security vehicles — there are a lot of options, and every situation is different.
Not all security guards perform the same duties. Some will check credentials of visitors while others will be highly trained armed guards ready to detain suspects or perform as bodyguards. You will want to hire the guard with the skills that match your needs.
- Armed Vs. Unarmed Guards: Not every business or organization requires armed guards, but certainly there are situations in which the highest level of security is required.
- Remote Security Guard Services: This is a cost-effective option that works well in many cases, particular in low-activity areas. One officer can monitor multiple cameras. If needed, the images can be used as evidence later.
- Amount of Experience: Before hiring a security service, ask how long it has been in business and what kind of experience it has. A longer track record is better, and it’s best if the company has experience in providing security for a business or organization similar to yours. AGB has been in business since 2001 and has served Fortune 500 companies and government agencies.
- Training Requirements: Before hiring a security company, ask about training. AGB’s officers are graduates of their rigorous AGB Advanced Training Institute in Chicago.
- Their guards are subjected to extensive pre-employment screenings, including drug tests, and they are prepared to handle a multitude of possible threat scenarios with good judgment and professional, courteous behavior. AGB offers competitive wages and trains its officers in special skills including residential community security and patrol, corporate and office security and numerous others.
- AGB has received advanced training from the Department of Defense and the Department of Homeland Security. Its security staff is required to complete coursework and training that exceeds the requirements of the state of Illinois.
- While the average armed guard in Illinois re-qualifies every 12 to 36 months AGB’s armed officers are required to re-qualify every 90 days. The training also includes an annual 16-week Academy Training Program with Advanced Tactical and Special Response Team Training.
- The AGB Institute is the only security company that has an Institute of higher learning recognized by the Illinois Board of Higher Education (IBHE).
In Addition to regular security details, you can add on services or consultation as needed, such as extra event security, tactical and special response teams, VIP executive protection, cyber security, private investigative services or employment screenings – fingerprinting and background checks.
Schedule Your Security Consultation
Contact ABG to set up a consultation today. A consultation is the only way to determine the best and most appropriate security plan for your situation.