AGB is certified by the State of Illinois as a provider of security training for 20- and 40-hour certificates, and provides services that are well beyond those often found at typical smaller security firms. Our instructors are all experienced former law enforcement officers, including at the federal level and the Secret Service. We offer training that is the best of both worlds; personal and customized to your needs, yet equal in quality to that offered by the largest national and international firms. AGB is committed to offering customized security training solutions that exceed our clients’ expectations.
AGB Security Training Services
20 hours Unarmed Training covers all requirements necessary to work as a security guard in Illinois, including:
- Assistance in obtaining your PERC (Permanent Employee Registration Card)
- Training on the use of force
- Legal and ethical issues
- Detainment of suspects such as shoplifters and other criminals
- Training on emergency medical support
- Communication skills development
- Fire control and prevention
- First Aid/CPR
20 hours Armed Training(Must first complete 20-hours Unarmed Training program.) Includes:
- Escape prevention through use of force
- Shooting range safety procedures
- Proper weapons handling and storage
Annual Refresher Courses
Keep in mind that a security guard license is only valid for two years. A refresher course must be completed every 12 months while employed in the security industry.
Advanced Security Training (Collegiate Level)
In partnership with the City Colleges of Chicago, AGB offers college credit courses inAdvanced Security Training, including Secret Service Training and Anti-Terrorism Techniques. Call AGB for details about this program.