Concealed Carry is now legal in Illinois, and training is required by law to obtain a permit.
Concealed Carry Booking Calendar
Register Today to train with our experienced AGB professionals. Select the date you would like to take your concealed carry class (marked Available). Then submit your contact information so register with us. Which Location field not required.
Knowledge and safety are essential in any training, and critical when handling a firearm. AGB Concealed Carry Training sessions are conducted only by experienced NRA-trained and certified instructors, including a retired Cook County Sheriff and a former U.S. Marine Corps Sergeant. Our curriculum covers all of the tactical and legal information required by law.
Requirements for Training Registration
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must possess a valid Firearm Owner Identification Card (bring to first day of class)
- Must possess a valid State ID, Driver’s License, or Resident Alien Card
- (bring to first day of class)
- Must not be prohibited by state or federal law from legally possessing a firearm
- Must be physically capable of safely and effectively operating a firearm
- Own a handgun and a compatible concealment holster
- Do not bring firearm or live ammunition to class!
Concealed Carry Training Curriculum
The Initial Firearms Curriculum must be at least 16 hours of in-person instruction and
covers the minimum requirements listed below.
I. Firearm Safety (classroom)
- 4 basic firearm-handling safety rules
- Home storage
- Vehicle storage
- Public Storage
II. Basic Principles of Marksmanship(classroom/range)
- Sight alignment
- Sight picture
- Trigger control
III. Care,Cleaning, Loading, and Unloading of a Concealable Firearm(classroom)
- Gun identification: revolver, semi-automatic, misc.
- Ammunition identification and selection
- Safety and cleaning protocols
- Cleaning equipment
- Loading and unloading
IV. All Applicable State and Federal Laws Relating to the Ownership, Storage, Carry,and Transportation of a Firearm(classroom) AGB Armed Instructors will emphasize the importance of 430 ILCS 66/10(h), which includes instruction on the appropriate and lawful interaction with law enforcement while transporting or carrying a concealed firearm, and 430 ILCS 66/65 which includes instruction on prohibited areas and the parking lot exception.
Laws reviewed include:
- The FOID Act 430 ILCS 65/1 et. seq.
- 720 ILCS 5/7-1. Use of force in defense of a person
- 720 ILCS 5/7-2. Use of force in defense of dwelling
- 720 ILCS 5/7-3. Use of force in defense of other property
- 720 ILCS 24/1 et. seq. Unlawful use of weapons
V. Weapon Handling(range facility)
- Dry fire practice drills, handgun fundamentals
- Dry fire practice drills from concealment
- Live fire practice drills, handgun fundamentals
Training Program Information and Safety
Ensure that you have your valid Firearm Owner Identification Card in your possession.
No live ammunition is allowed in the classroom.
All students must follow the instructions of the instructors and staff during the administration of the course. Firearms safety rules will be reviewed with each student. Any student that fails to follow the instructions of the instructors or staff, or is otherwise disruptive, will be removed immediately from the class.
Students will need to bring a hat with a bill (baseball-type hat) to wear at the range. Eye and ear protection will be provided at the range for students who do not have their own.
Students must provide their own transportation to and from the range facility.
Instructors will inspect your firearm for proper function and maintenance. No student will be allowed to use any firearm deemed unsafe by an instructor, range officer or armorer.
The student must listen carefully to and follow all instructions given by the instructors and range safety officers. Any individual that engages in unsafe behavior or refuses to listen to the staff instructors will be ejected immediately from the range and the course. No refund will be issued.
Fingerprinting for Illinois CCW Permit
Fingerprinting is required for an Illinois Concealed Carry Permit. AGB is a State of Illinois licensed fingerprint vendor and has fingerprinting capabilities on site. We will conduct fingerprinting the last day of class. Students must have a valid Firearm Owner Identification Card and a valid State ID Card or Driver’s License. Fingerprinting service is $60.00.
Course Schedule and Fee
Course fee is $150.00 per student (includes range fee)
See course dates and times below; classes are limited to 30 students and are filling up quickly, so register today! (Classes are scheduled for the dates below; however, day and night classes may be available upon request. Please call AGB at 773-445-4300 for details.)
Call for an appointment.